Common BitDefender Issues
SSL Scanning Breaks Secure Sites and Apps Issue
- In case, if you are facing a problem with SSL certificates that cannot be verified, then the best solution is to disable Bitdefender Scan SSL feature.
- This problem may also arise usually when SSL Certificates are not signed.
Method 1. Disable Bitdefender Scan SSL Feature
- Open the Bitdefender downloaded folder on your computer.
- Thereafter, click on the “Protection” option from the left side panel.
- Click on the “View Features” option.
- After this, click on the “settings” gear icon given under the Web Protection.
- Next, click on the “Scan SSL“ toggle button to turn it off.
- Then, after disabling SSL scan of the Bitdefender, your SSL certification error problem in Google Chrome and other browsers will solve. Therefore, the same steps will solve the Bitdefender free editions blocking websites problem.
PC Won’t Boot After Installing Bitdefender Issues
- This issue can be caused by a previous Bitdefender installation which was not removed properly.
- Also, this issue may occur if another security solution is still present on the system.
Solutions To Fix These Issues
Method 1- Remove Bitdefender Completely From Your Computer
- If you have any previous versions of Bitdefender software on your system, then remove it.
- You can remove the previous version of Bitdefender with the help of Uninstall tools like Avast, AVG, Avira, etc. Therefore, you can download the Uninstall tools from its official website.
Method 2. Remove Different Security Solution Properly.
- First of all, click on the “Start” button. You will locate this button at the bottom left side of the desktop screen.
- Then click on the “Settings” option.
- After this, click on the “Systems” icon in the settings area.
- Now, select the “Apps” option.
- After that, find the program you want to uninstall.
- Thereafter, right-click on that program and select the “Uninstall” option.
- Then, follow the steps in the wizard in order to complete the process.
Bitdefender Won’t Scan Your PC
Bitdefender won’t scan your PC due to two main reasons.
- Error Caused due to Previous Bitdefender Installation which was not completely removed. This issue also may occur due to faulty bitdefender installation.
- The error is also caused due to other security solution installed on your system.
Method 1. Remove Bitdefender From Your System
Follow the above mentioned procedure to remove Bitdefender from your computer.
Method 2. Reinstall Bitdefender On Your Computer
- Press the Windows key and the R key altogether from the keyboard.
- Thereafter, type “appwiz.cpl” in the command box that appears. Then, press the enter key.
- Afterward, locate the Bitdefender software. After that, right-click on it and choose “Uninstall” option from it.
- Subsequently, a wizard will appear. Wait until the program is uninstalled. Click on “Restart My Computer”.
- Then, after the restart, your Bitfdefender software will download once again.
- Now, after the download is complete, click on “Install”. After that, wait until the process is finished.
- Click on “Start Using Bitdefender”. Your Bitdefender software is now installed on your system.
Method 3- Remove Other Security Solutions
In case, if you still face this problem, follow the above mentioned procedure.
4. Bitdefender Blocks File Creation
This Bitdefender issues is caused because some types of malware infections. Therefore these malware infections take advantage of your user account by saving themselves to your Documents folder and sub-folders.
Method 1 – To Allow The Bitdefender Software Or Game Access
- Firstly, open the Bitdefender software.
- Then, you need to check the Notifications Screen. After this, listed here, you should find an Application Access blocked item.
- Thereafter, you will find all the information you need (i.e the name of the application and the protected folder).
- Now, to allow the software or game access to the folder, click on “view Application”. Then, find the Bitdefender app in the list.
- In the next window, it shows as Blocked. After this, click the slider to “allowed”.
- Next, close the Bitdefender window.
- Finally, once permission is given, you might simply press Alt-Tab. This will take you back into the app or game and complete the save.
5. Trouble Activating Bitdefender Firewall Issue
- Bitdefender software includes strong firewall, but in some cases it cannot be enabled. This problem occurs due to a missing service in Windows, Base Filtering Engine(BFE). Base Filtering Engine controls the Windows Filtering Platform. Therefore, Windows Filtering Platform is needed for most firewall products on Windows.
Method 1 – Restore Base Filtering Service (BFE)
- Firstly, click on the start button.
- Then, in the search box, type “Administrative Tools”.
- After that, click on the “services” folder.
- Thereafter, search for the “Base Filtering Engine”.
- Then, if the service is in the list, check its status. In case, if the status reads “Stopped”, right-click on it. After this, select “Properties”.
- You need to make sure the startup type is set to “automatic”. Click on the “Start” button.
- After completing the process, restart Windows.
Method 2 – Fix Permissions For Base Filtering Service
- Click on the Start button. Then, type “regedit” in the search box. Click on that option and open it.
- After this, in the “regedit” find “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\BFE\”.
- After that, right-click on the Base Filtering key and select “Permissions”.
- Then, click on “Add” and enter “everyone” and press “Ok” button.
- Now, click “everyone” in the list and check the “Allow Full Control” checkbox.
- Click on “Ok” to dismiss the dialogue.
- Restart Windows and check that the service can be started using the above instructions.