Follow the below-given steps in order to fix the problem when Bitdefender Services are not responding.
Troubleshooting Steps To Fix the Problem When Bitdefender Services Are Not Responding
Disable Bitdefender Scan SSL Feature
- Firstly, open the Bitdefender downloaded folder.
- After that, click on the “Protection” option from the left side panel.
- Click on the “View Features” option.
- After that, click on the “Settings” gear icon given under web protection.
- Next, click on the “Scan SSL” toggle button to turn it off.
- Then, after disabling the SSL scan of the Bitdefender, your SSL certification error in Google Chrome and other browsers will solve. Therefore, the same steps will solve the Bitdefender free editions blocking websites problem.
Remove Different Security Solutions Properly
- Firstly, click on the “Start” button.
- Then, click on the “Settings” option.
- After that, click on the “Systems” icon in the settings area.
- Now, select the “Apps” option.
- After this, find the program you want to uninstall.
- Thereafter, right-click on that program and choose the “Uninstall” option.
- Then, follow the steps in the wizard in order to complete the process.
Reinstall Bitdefender On Your Computer
- Press the windows and R key altogether from your keyboard.
- Thereafter, type “appwiz.cpl” in the command box that appears. Then, press the enter key from your keyboard.
- Afterward, locate the Bitdefender central software. After this, right-click on it and select the “Uninstall” option from it.
- Consequently, a wizard will appear. Wait until the program is uninstalled. Click on “Restart my computer”.
- After the restart, your Bitdefender software will download once again.
- Now, after the download is complete, click on “Install”. After that, wait until the process is finished.
- Click on “Start Using Bitdefender”. Your Bitdefender software is now installed on your system.
Trouble Activating Bitdefender Firewall
Restore Base Filtering Service
- Firstly, open the File Manager on your device.
- Then, right-click on the “Computer / This PC” in File Explorer and select “Manage”.
- Now, here you need to open Services and Application > Services and find the Base Filtering Engine.
- Next, double-click it to open, and then check its status. The status type must be “Automatic” and the service status should be running.
- Then, if this is not the case, click on “Start” button.
- Finally, once this is done, restart Windows.
Fix Permissions For Base Filtering Service
- Click on the “Start” button.
- Then, type “Regedit” in the search box. After that, press the enter key from your keyboard.
- After this, in the Registry Editor Window, find “HKEY_ LOCAL _MACHINE \SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET \Services\ BFE\”.
- Thereafter, right-click on the Bse Filtering key to view its permissions.
- Then, here you need to click on “Add” and enter “everyone” and press the “OK” button.
- Now, on the everyone list make sure that the Allow Full Permissions Control Box is checked.
- After that, click on the “Ok” button to confirm and reboot.
- Now, once the Windows is back up and running, return to the Computer Management screen to check the status of the Base filtering service.
Hence, this completes the procedure to solve the error when Bitdefender services are not responding.