Bitdefender is among one of the best security suites available in the market. But sometimes you might face “Bitdefender setup has encountered an error” after the installation window appears. Here are some of the troubleshooting steps to fix this error. These steps will definitely help you in resolving this problem. Follow the below-given steps carefully.
Method 1- Remove The Previous Version Of Bitdefender
- If you have any previous versions of Bitdefender software on your system, then remove it. You can remove the previous version of Bitdefender with the help of Uninstall tools like Avast, AVG, Avira, etc. Therefore, you can download the Uninstall tools from its official website.
Method 2- Remove Other Security Solutions
In case, if you still face this problem, then you need to remove other security solutions installed. Now, to uninstall security solutions from the control panel, follow the given steps carefully.
- First of all, click on the “Start” button. You will locate this button at the bottom left side of the desktop screen.
- Then click on the “Settings” option.
- After this, click on the “Systems” icon in the settings area.
- Now, select the “Apps” option.
- After that, find the program you want to uninstall.
- Thereafter, right-click on that program and select the “Uninstall” option.
- Then, follow the steps in the wizard in order to complete the process.
Method 3. Use Microsoft System File Checker Tool
In case, if still, this Bitdefender Setup Error does not resolve, use the “Microsoft System File Checker” tool in order to repair missing and corrupted files. Follow the given steps to use this tool.
- Firstly, open an elevated command prompt. Follow the given steps to open the Command prompt.
- Click on the “Start” button at the bottom left side of the desktop.
- Then, type “Command Prompt or cmd” in the search box.
- Now, right-click on the command prompt.
- After that, click on the “Run as Administrator” option. In case, if you are prompted for an administrator password then, type the password.
- After this, in the command prompt type “The sfc / scannow” command.
- Now, this command will scan all protected system files.
- Thereafter, press the enter key and replace the corrupted file with a catch copy that is located in a compressed folder.
- At last, it will give you the reason for corrupted files and restore the files.
Note: You should not close the “Command Prompt” window until the verification is 100% complete. Therefore, the scan results will be shown after this process is finished.
Method 4.Use The Checker Disk Tool
You can use the Checker Disk tool in order to check the integrity of the disk and correct certain types of Bitdefender Setup Error.
- To use this tool from an elevated command prompt, follow the above-mentioned steps.
- After this, to find and repair errors on drive C, use the command “chdsk / f C”.
- In case, if you want to scan a different drive, just replace C with the corresponding letter of the drive.
Method 5. Windows Update
You can perform all the Windows updates in order to fix this error. Also, you need to make sure that you have installed the latest service pack on your computer. If you are using Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 and then run the DISM command by following the steps:
- First of all, open an elevated command prompt by following the above-mentioned procedure.
- Next, type the command “DISM.exe / online / Clean-up image / Restorehealth”.
- After this, press the enter key.
Method 6. Manually Add Permissions
In order to fix Bitdefender Setup Error, you can manually add permissions to the Bitdefender installation folders. For this, follow the given steps:
- Firstly, open the “My Disk” or “My Computer” folder from the desktop.
- Then, click on “Local Disk C” under the “Devices and Drivers”.
- Then, click on the “Program Files” folder.
- Now, click on the “Common files” folder.
- After that, click on the “Bitdefender” folder.
- After this, right-click on the “SetupInformation” folder and then select “Properties” from the extended list.
- In the next window, click on the “Security” tab and then click on the “Edit” button. Now, select the Windows user from the drop-down menu list.
- Next, after selecting the user, select the checkbox next to Full Control.
- At last, after setting full permissions, restart your computer. Then install Bitdefender by login to your Bitdefender account. In case, if you don’t have an account, then create your account and follow the on-screen instructions.
Hence, the above solutions will help you to overcome this Bitdefender Setup Error.