Bitdefender threat scanner is a common error that occurs while upgrading the software or during the shutdown of the system. In some cases, it displays the pop-up of an error message even if your system does not contain the Bitdefender Application. So below are the troubleshooting steps that may help you in resolving the issue.
Fix Spybot’s Corrupted File
Sometimes, this error also happens if there is any corrupted file in the Spybot folder. Whenever the Spybot uses the Bitdefender technology and its file gets damaged, it shows an error of the Bitdefender threat scanner. To replace the corrupted file, follow the given steps:
- Open File Explorer on your Windows computer.
- Then, type “C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot- Search & Destroy” into the address bar located at the top.
- Now, find the file named “SDAV. dll” from the list.
- Check the size of the file by right-clicking on it and select properties. If its size is not 32 KB, you need to replace it as it is corrupted.
- Now, go to the Spybot web page and download the 32 KB “dll” file.
- After downloading, copy the file and paste it in the Spybot- Search & destroy 2 folder. While pasting it, a pop-up may appear on your screen of Replace or Skip files. Click on Replace the file.
- Now, the corrupted file is replaced, you can check whether the issue still appears or not.
Run the Bitdefender Patch
If you are facing an error of threat scanner, Bitdefender has a patch to fix it. Follow the below-given instruction to run the patch.
- Check your Windows Operating system and download the patch accordingly from the Bitdefender support page.
- Double-click the downloaded file and then click on the Run button. It will start scanning and replacing all the corrupted files.
- Once the process is completed, restart your computer.
Delete Files from the Temp Folder
If the pop-up shows that the information related to the error is stored in the temp folder, then you should clear all the files present in the temp folder. Hence, go through the given steps:
- First of all, select windows+R keys together on your system
- A pop-up appears. Type temp into the given field and then click on the OK button.
- By doing so, it will open the temp folder. Select all the entries and press the Delete key.
- Now, again press Windows+R keys together and type %temp% into the given field and then click on the OK button.
- Select all the files from the folder and then delete it.
After clearing all the entries, restart your Windows PC. If the issue persists, follow the next method.
Sometimes, due to some technical issues in your software, you might get an error message of the Bitdefender threat scanner. To fix the issue you need to uninstall the software first and then reinstall it. So follow the below-given steps:
- Go to the Control Panel on your Windows computer.
- Click on Uninstall Program and then Programs and Features.
- Now, select your Bitdefender software from the given list. Right-click on it and select uninstall. Then, a pop-up box appears, click on the Yes button. Wait for the program to uninstall completely.
- Now, go to the official website of Bitdefender and re-download your product.
- After downloading, install the software by following the on-screen instructions.