When your Bitdefender is unable to connect to the server after the installation, it indicates that your network setup is blocking the connection. Hence, it is preventing the Bitdefender application to complete the activation process and to run smoothly. For resolving this error, you have to follow the below-given troubleshooting steps. Carefully follow each step one-by-one. After every procedure, try accessing the application and check whether the Bitdefender error is resolved or not.
Reset Web Browsers Settings
At times, the settings we apply for customizing our browsing experience hinders the working of various applications. In such scenarios, you have to reset your browser settings to access the application. Similarly, for resolving the Bitdefender error, you must try resetting the web browser settings. For this, follow the steps given below.
- Firstly, click the Safari option from the upper-left corner.
- From the extended list, choose “Reset Safari”.
- On the next page, tick mark the items you want to reset.
- Tap the “Reset” button”.
- Close all the open programs on your device.
- Open the Inter Explorer browser.
- Tap the “Tools” option followed by clicking “Internet Options”.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Select the “Reset” tab.
- In the dialogue box, confirm the process by clicking the “Reset” button.
- When the process gets completed, click “Close” and then click “Ok”.
- Finally, restart your system.
Change DNS Server Settings
From parental control to security measures, speed improvement to error resolving, there can be many reasons for changing the DNS server settings. If you are getting the Bitdefender Error, then you must try resolving the error by following the process mentioned below.
- Click the “Safari” option.
- From the menu list, select “System Preference” followed by clicking the “Network” option.
- Select the Network from the sidebar to change the DNS Settings.
- Click the “Advanced” tab.
- Select “DNS”.
- Click the “+” option from the bottom of the screen.
- Add a new DNS server.
- Click “Ok” and then click the “Apply” tab.
- Click the Start Menu button> Control Panel> Network and Internet> Network and Sharing Center> Change Adapter Settings.
- In the next window, you will get the list of network connections.
- Select the connection whose DNS setting you want to change.
- Right-click the Network Connection and select “Properties”.
- Select the preferred Internet Protocol Version one-by-one.
- Click the “Properties” tab.
- Choose “Use the following DNS server addresses” option.
- Enter the address of the DNS server which you want to use.
- Click “Ok”.
Note: After changing the DNS setting, you have to remove the DNS cache files from your system to ensure that your system will use new DNS server settings only.
Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall
In general, it is important to keep your Windows Defender Firewall “On”. This helps to prevent your system from unauthorized access. However, at times these settings hinder the installation process, show several errors, etc. For this, you have to turn it off. For turning your Firewall on, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Select the Start Menu button> Control Panel> System and Security> Windows Firewall.
- From the left-hand sidebar, choose the “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off” option.
- Under the Public or Private Network Settings, as per your preference, tap the “Turn off Windows Firewall” option.
- Click the “Ok” tab to save the changes.
Update the Network Adapters Driver
Outdated Network Adapter Driver can also be the reason for getting the “Unable To Connect To Server” error. In such situations, you have to update your driver. For updating, follow the below-given process.
- First of all, click the Start Menu button> Control Panel> Hardware and Sound.
- In the next window, click the “Device Manager” option located under the Devices and Printers option.
- Now, select the “Network Adapters” category.
- It will further extend the list. Right-click your desired adapter.
- From the list, click the Update Driver Software option.
- This will start searching for and installing the update.
- Once the update gets successfully installed, click the “Close” tab.